Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4 Month Stats

Lily's 4 month appointment was yesterday. I am so freaking excited that she made the "big girl" chart as her pedi called it. She weighs 11 lbs 9 ozs which puts her in the 10th percentile for her actual age! She is 23 1/4 inches long which puts her in the 20th percentile for her actual age! Her pedi is very happy with her growth and development and said she is doing amazing. She also got 2 shots and the rotovirus drink stuff. I think the drink pissed her off more than the actual shots. She cried for a few minutes but I was able to calm her down pretty quickly. She came home and drank a bottle and slept for 3 hours. She got a little fussy around 8:00 last night, but I gave her some tylenol and she was fine after that.

Her pedi said that stuff the nutritionist was saying about a calcium deficiency that could lead to osteoprosis is just a theory and that if I don't want to give her the formula I totally don't have to. This makes me happy. It kills me to give her the formula every night knowing there is a fride full of breast milk plus 2000+ ozs in the freezer. In my mind that milk is hers and she needs to have it. Its amazing the attachment you can form to milk. J doesn't get it. He thinks we should give her the formula just in case the theory is correct, but to me that feels like a punch in the gut.

Tomorrow my little girl will be 4 months old. Holy crap where has the time gone!

1 comment: